In times when communication has become electronic, electronic invoices and credit memos have become the norm of the day. Then there are other factors involved such as Global Location Number ID for customers and vendors which have also become necessary, as far as doing business with overseas clients is concerned. Other similar factors are Global Trade Item Number for Items and several other International Codes on units of measures, various tax codes and tax schemes.
Companies look for a solution that makes providing e-services (electronic services) to clients easy. They find MS Dynamics Navision 2016 as a software that perfectly fits the bill.
Before the benefits are written about, it is important to make businesses aware that just in case they happen to use an old version of NAV (now Business Central), a Microsoft Dynamics NAV Upgrade beckons. Functionalities in NAV pertaining to E-Services run best on NAV 2016.
What kind of functionalities does MS Dynamics Navision 2016 offer as far as E-Services are concerned?
- Received electronic documents can be integrated into the ERP’s document management features. They get stored in incoming documents where PDF and scanned paper invoices are also stored, all of which can subsequently be used by the user to create purchase invoices, purchase credit memos and general journal lines. Text-to-account rules can be added to these to automatically default account rules.
- Advanced functionalities in NAV 2016 account for errors, warnings and conversions which the user keeps getting as far as the incoming document is concerned. There are links to the document as well, which enable navigation from any created and posted document.
- NAV 2016 facilitates a Tradeshift Account, through which documents can be traded (sent and received) with third parties. Document exchange service interaction is possible through activity logging.
- Microsoft’s premier Enterprise Resource Planning Solution through upgrade 2016 allows end users to add workflows to automatically process incoming electronic documents. These could be, for example, creating corresponding draft purchase documents and eventually posting them and creating payment lines such as per vendor or amount.
- Companies involved in E-Services have functionalities at their disposal to update currency exchange rates through third-party web services that deliver exchange rates as XML files or streams. Updates can be made either manually or automatically through the job queue functionality. Most currency feeds can be added once the data in the feed gets mapped into the currency exchange rates setup.
These functionalities in NAV 2016 make it a very good choice for companies into E-Services. It has all necessary functionalities to make work easy for them.
Again, businesses using an old version of NAV better get a Microsoft Dynamics NAV Upgrade done quickly in order to take full advantage of these benefits.
Disclaimer– “All data and information provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. Dynamics Square / MPG Business Information Systems Pvt. Ltd. makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.”