Before opting for the right ERP (enterprise resource planning) solution, businesses follow a head-to-head comparison of the best-performing solutions available in the market, like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central vs Sage 50, to know which suits them better. They want to explore the capabilities in terms of performance, reliability, and scalability. There can be numerous possibilities for performing such comparisons, but the top two are given below:
- A business wants to implement an ERP to simplify their existing processes or operations by leveraging automation.
- A business wants to upgrade their current ERP system to a better one, like upgrading Sage 50 to Business Central.
If you belong to one of these scenarios, this blog will resolve all your queries and help you get the perfect ERP for your business.
With their extensive capabilities for managing businesses from a single dashboard, modern ERPs have the potential to revolutionise today’s businesses. The ERP industry is so wide that it offers specific business solutions to streamline specific operations of departments and complete ERP solutions to manage all departments with ease.
There are different solutions available on the market, among which selecting the best is a choice that matters a lot. Sage 50, for example, is cloud-based accounting software, whereas Business Central is a full-fledged ERP solution that can manage an entire business. Before getting into a comprehensive comparison, let us understand a bit about these business solutions.
What is Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central?
If I had to define this business application in one sentence, it would be – an ultimate Microsoft ERP solution specially built for SMBs. This solution is capable of connecting and managing almost all departments, like finance, supply chain, inventory, distribution, and much more.
MS D365 Business Central offers flexible server deployment options, including cloud, on-premises, and hybrid. As per the requirements, businesses can opt for any deployment option. Also, they can choose any option at the beginning and later move to another deployment option with the help of their business central implementation partner.
With the centralised data platform, Business Central accelerates sales while offering better customer service. Leveraging the power of AI (artificial intelligence) and BI (business intelligence), it successfully provides automation, resulting in enhanced overall productivity and efficiency.
What is Sage 50?
Sage 50 Accounts is the most widely popular accounting software available for SMBs. It is capable of managing all the financial operations of a company without limitations.
Sage 50 offers flexible deployment options, considering cloud and on-premises options. The latest offering, Sage 50 Cloud Accounting, comes with a cloud-only option.
It is highly customizable, as other modules of Sage can be integrated with ease, and you can add desired apps using the Sage Marketplace. You can, for example, connect it to other apps to access HR, forecasting, CRM, and other modules.
Sage 50 accounting is capable of managing invoices, cash flow, payments, VAT calculation, personalised quotes, powerful financial management, budgeting, and much more.
Business Central vs Sage 50 Accounts: Avail the most Accurate Comparison
Sage offers various business solutions for all types of businesses, but Sage 50 Accounts is one of the most popular solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. Over the web, there are various pages of Business Central vs Sage 50 comparisons available, but this page will offer you the most comprehensive and accurate comparison based on core features.
- Business Central: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is an all-in-one business management solution capable of managing all departments while accelerating the overall business towards growth and triumph.
- Sage 50 Accounthttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sage_50s: It is a financial management solution that can streamline all financial tasks with ease.
- Business Central is affordable and provides good value for money for all types and sizes of businesses. The pricing starts at £6 per user per month for a Dynamics 365 Business Central pricing Team Member plan.
- The Start plan of Sage 50 accounting costs £12 per month. It is the cheapest plan among the three plans but comes with minimal features and capabilities.
- Business Central offers three deployment options for all businesses: cloud, on-premises, and hybrid. Based on your business type, you can choose the most suitable option.
- The previous version of Sage offered cloud and on-premises deployment options. However, the current version, Sage 50cloud Accounting, only supports cloud deployment.
- In terms of reliability, no one is better than Microsoft, as it offers native as well as third-party integrations with all of its business applications. You can easily integrate Outlook, SharePoint, MS Power BI, and other applications with Business Central to enhance the overall performance.
- Sage does provide integrations, but it cannot become an ERP. You can add the desired app from the Sage marketplace as an integration. Also, it doesn’t allow any third-party integration.
Upgrades and Updates
In general, Microsoft releases updates twice a year. Whenever Microsoft releases a new update or upgrade, it itself processes the new changes with the existing cloud system without hindering the existing processes.
Sage doesn’t have any fixed policies when it comes to releasing new updates and upgrades. However, to install the new changes, you need to contact a reliable support partner.
|Feature||Business Central||Sage 50|
|Core Functionality||ERP for SMBS||Finance ERP|
|Pricing||Starts at £6 Per user/month||Starts at £12 for Start Plan|
|Deployment Option||Cloud, on-premises, and Hybrid||Cloud and on-premises|
|Number of Users||Unlimited||Up to 20 users|
|Data visualization||Yes (Advanced with Power BI)||No|
|Customizable||Yes, Advanced level||Limited|
Business Central vs Sage, which one is for you?
Considering the overall comparison, if you want a full-fledged ERP that can control all departments of the business, go for Business Central.
And, if you want a solution to manage only the finance operations of a business, go for Sage 50 Accounts.
It might be possible that you have some other unique requirements for your business. In such a case, the Microsoft Certified Consultants of Dynamics Square are available to resolve all your queries, irrespective of their complexities. Like we have helped other businesses with their growth and revenue generation, we are eager to help your business as well.
See Also - Business Central Vs Dynamics 365 Finance